Medical Weight Management NY, PC Preoperative Program helps patients maximize their chances of successfully undergoing surgery. Weight loss before surgery reduces the amount of adipose tissue within the abdomen and reduces the size of the liver. This increases the working space for your surgeon and improves the safety of your operation. Our Preoperative Program will work with you through individual bi-weekly meetings with our physicians, registered dietitians, exercise physiologists and behavioral psychologists. The first part of the program provides a highly-structured dietary modification. The program also integrates the adoption of an active lifestyle through an exercise program. Gradually, as the program progresses, there is a shift in the meal plan that leads to more moderate and sustainable weight loss. Our emphasis on lifestyle change means we help you learn to make healthy behavior changes that will enable you to maintain a healthier weight for the rest of your life.
- Individualized meal plans and exercise plans with a focus on your surgery date and goals
- Beginning and ending: metabolic testing, lab tests, body composition measurements, body circumference measurements and blood pressure measurements
- Bi-weekly individual consultations with our physicians, registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, and behavioral psychologists
- Three additional follow-up consultations with registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, or behavioral psychologists
- Baritastic™ Smartphone Tracking App
- Curriculum book