Pre/Post Natal Programs
Obesity can make conception difficult and can raise a woman’s risk of gestational diabetes, hypertension, premature delivery, miscarriage, and stillbirth. The multi-disciplinary team at Medical Weight Management NY, PC understands that trying to conceive and trying to manage weight at the same time can be stressful. We also understand that managing weight postpartum while lacking sleep and time for yourself can be one of the most difficult journeys in a woman's life. Our Pre-and Post Natal weight management programs will work with you through individual bi-weekly meetings with our physicians, registered dietitians, exercise physiologists and behavioral psychologists. The first part of the program provides a highly-structured dietary modification. The program also integrates the adoption of an active lifestyle through an exercise program. Gradually, as the program progresses, there is a shift in the meal plan that leads to more moderate and sustainable weight loss. Our emphasis on lifestyle change means we help you learn to make healthy behavioral changes that will enable you to maintain a healthier weight for the rest of your life.
- Individualized meal plans and exercise plans with a focus on pre/post-natal dietary and nutritional needs
- Beginning and ending: metabolic testing, lab tests, body composition measurements, body circumference measurements and blood pressure measurements
- Bi-weekly individual consultations with our physicians, registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, and behavioral psychologists
- Three additional follow-up consultations with registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, or behavioral psychologists
- Baritastic™ Smartphone Tracking App
- Curriculum book